Pages

Monday, 27 March 2017

PHUKET

Hello Everyone!
I am back after a fabulous two week holiday in London and Paris. We had such a fabulous time and I can't wait to scrap my photos. I have so many wonderful overseas holiday photos and I don't suppose I will ever get close to scrapping them all, but I do love to go through them every now and again.
I have another layout for my travel album from back in the day. Part of our Far East holiday in 2001 it was such a revelation to me. I just loved it and I have never looked back since then and I have had the most amazing experiences.
So today I have another double layout for Phuket.
My Journalling on the layout says...
I absolutely loved Thailand, from the weather, the people, the food and the sights and sounds. All go, go, go, 24/7. We toured the city and went out to a couple of the islands by boat. Blue warm water and white  beaches. Amazing fruits to eat and little market shops to explore. The night life was something else, I have never seen so much sex for sale as here and the boy/girls had bigger boobs than me - How does that happen??
I will do more in depth journalling on other pages for the specific events.
Here are some close ups.

I used papers from my stash for this layout. A mix of patterns from various places and I am so bad at keeping track of the papers. So sorry for that. The butterflies are a punch I have. I used black pen to doodle around them then white pen to highlight.  I layered up some chipboard flowers, hearts and a fussy cut camera from a paper in my scrap box. I love using my stash and I am getting more and more comfortable with mixing my brands and patterns and I am really enjoying it :D


A similar cluster at the inside bottom - I also used a stamp.


Another cluster here under the title which is paper letters that are just sooooo old. I used some white gel pen to highlight and they look better in the photo than they do in real life. :D

THEN I had a play with making up some Project Life cards using all my scraps... I have so much stuff and I had a ball. Here they are. 













Oops this last one is upside down :D Sorry about that :D

Oh and just by the way. You all know how much I love Shimelle Laine and her product. I wanted to buy some when I was in the UK but I had to get it delivered and I just wasnt sure about it so I left it... Well I found some here in good old SA. Soooo I ordered it all and it arrived today. I can't wait to play and I am over the moon.


Just look at all the yummy goodness <3
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it. Now I can get back to doing a layout for my last holiday :d Watch this space.
Till next time - Happy Scrapping!
Hugs
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. What a fun lo! I gave social media for lent (fb Insta twitter) so I had no clue of your lovely holiday. Glad you weren't in London for that horror. Our 17 yr old will be going to England, France, Germany and Austria next June and it does have me a tad nervous :(

    I love your little cards! Great way to use up the scraps. My pile is digustingly huge gah!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and please tell me that's pronounced like pho with the hard f sound roltlmao :D

      Delete
  2. Wow Valerie! Amazing pages! Love all the beautiful photos featured! Happy you arrived home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous double page, Val!! The colour mix is perfect for those brill photos and the title does look great!! I love the clusters in the corners especially the butterflies .. so sweet! Stunning pages!! All of you PL cards are simply gorgeous!!! Have never made any and am not sure how I would go but these are brilliant!! Love them!! So glad you had a great time away. We did too. It is nice to get back home though isn't it?? Enjoy the rest of the week Val. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Val, love your holiday pages, such a lovely way to keep those memories. Your doodly embellies look really cute and your pocket page cards look fab as well - I recognise some of those papers from my own stash and I don't know what they are either :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahahaaaaa....I'm giggling in my socks here. Here I was giving you a cyber pat-on-the-back for all that stash busting.....THEN onto the scene marches the Shimmelle goodies.... LOL! Weeeeell, I guess using up stash you're making room for new bits, HEEHEEEE!! I ADORE your PL cards. They are sensational!!! My fave is the feather one...& your double of Phuket. I HONESTLY thought the title was shined up with Glossy accents....but it's your white pen work. That looks incredible!! I love how you do multi photo pages too....they look fantastic. And go you, mixing and matching....I reckon it's the only way to go - & an easy way to get an unique look, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I enjoyed seeing your uk holiday photos you shared on Facebook, some marvellous photos! I hope you get to scrap them! Your double page on your holiday to Phuket looks wonderful, love the clusters... And your goodies look gorgeous, bet you are looking forward to playing with them...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And lovely PL cards too! (I was distracted by the goodies) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout Val, and good job with the stash busting. I love scrapping my holiday pics too and, like you, I don't think I'll ever finish them. I got back from Phuket yesterday after an absence of 20 years ... didn't recognise anything. Loved seeing your latest travel pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Beautiful Phuket with it's bustling, it's colours and it's delicious food. Great job with the stash busting and all those lovely little PL cards. I have never done any and am resisting their siren call with great determination. Of course you had to reward all that stash busting with a few Shimelle goodies. I would have done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a good holiday! Glad you getting time for you and doing some of the things you want to do! ;-) Gorgeous travel page..love the colours and a super design! Loving the PL cards too....these are fabulous and it always is good to use up from one's stash! I always get so chuffed when I really make headway into my stash!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete