Pages

Thursday, 9 February 2017

GET YOUR HAPPY ON TODAY

Hello Everyone!

I have been playing :D and I managed to do a layout for THREE challenges. I started off with the Let's Get Sketchy Challenge which has a sketch (obviously) and a mood board. I used the red and pink the floral aspect and the drinks or jelly shots whatever they are. Check.




I am also linking up with Challenge Yourself which requires you to have a photo of yourself, and include the colour red and some stamping. Check.

Lastly to Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge which requires you to use the word TODAY on your layout. Check.

Here is the layout that I created for this challenge.


On Saturday 28 January South Africa hosted its first National Scrapbook Day and I went along with these girls. In my previous post I shared some photos of this fun day.

The journalling on the front of the layout says...

Today is the first time in a couple of years that I have scrapped with these girls and I forgot how much fun we always have and how much I have missed them. NSD - SA - 28 Jan 2017.

My journalling on the back of the layout says...

I met two of these girls, Felicity on my left with the blonde hair and Ilse behind me, maybe ten years ago or more. I met them separately, but at the same time - Felicity because her daughter was dating my son and kept telling her that I was a scrapper too and that they should include me - and Ilse at a tea, organised by an online stamping group that we both belonged to, so that we could all meet in real life. It was at this tea that Ilse realized who I was and from that day on that we all became friends. We went away together, we scrapped together, we did Christmas Advent Swaps together, Christmas lunches and birthday brunches and got together socially too and we always had a lot of fun.
Then our kids broke up and they got married to other people and I felt it would be weird for my son and his new wife if I still saw so much of his exes mother so I pulled back - a lot - so much so that I didn't see these girls for at least two years. When Ilse said she had organised to go and scrap for NSD I said I wanted to go too. It was just as if we had never been apart and I really had a good time. I hope that we will go back to the way we were because I really like them all a lot. 
I felt at the time I was doing the right thing. Always putting my family first I am, and I don't know if they know what I lost and it doesn't really matter now. This year I have said is my year and I want to have fun again.

Here are some close ups of my layout.


I followed the sketch pretty much as it was. I may have added a few bits and pieces and I raided my stash for this layout too.  Lots of red here and also floral paper from the mood board. I have also stamped a film strip here.


I found this PL chalkboard card and fussy cut the mason jar to use.


I have used the word today in my title and my journalling and there is stamping here with the chevron arrow thing.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!




Hugs
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Great job on combining challenges! I just love the bold PP on the diagonal top and bottom...sweet page! (I followed!) Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marci :D love your blog too :D

      Delete
  2. Your layout is stunning Val and I like that you have written the story of your friendship on the back. It can get tricky when our Kids relationships move on, it is lovely that your reconnected after all that time and you had a fun time. You have done a great job with the sketch challenge as well and I love the flairs. Thank You for joining in with us at AFSC , I hope you share more of your lovley work with us
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh clever girl combining all those challenges and coming up with this stunning page. I love that you reclaimed your friendships - they are what keeps us grounded and connected to things outside the family, where we can just have fun. Love the bold floral paper and the mason jar. So good to see you getting your happy on :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful layout Val. Sadly we all sacrifice friendships at some point for many different reasons, but I'm happy that you are able to spend time with these ladies again. You all look as though you are having so much fun. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous, Valerie. I love how you combined the three challenges to make such an amazing layout, so full of wonderful memories. To me, this is what scrapping is all about. Your journaling touched me!!! I am so happy that you joined us at Challenge YOUrself this month. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is FABULOUS journaling!!! Love that mason jar to bits.... & as you know, I think this page is overflowing with 'Joie de vivre ' :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val, I love your interpretation of the sketch, the small pieces of patterned papers are perfect. Love the photo and I'm so pleased you have reconnected with your friends and went on the NSD. It looks like you got your HAPPY on. Beautiful work! x

    ReplyDelete