Pages

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

LOVE THESE MEMORIES

Hello Everyone!
I have another layout today, another one from Saturdays fund raising day, one I didn't finish in class. I am not normally a vintage girl but I have to say I enjoyed doing this layout and it was perfect for my photos.
Here is my finished layout which looks nothing like Shain de Bruyn's - who taught the class.
My journaling on the layout says...
I really love cars especially old cars and so for me a visit to Anton Rupert's car museum in Cape Town was a real treat... so many cars, so few photos.
My fathers hobby was to build vintage cars and his pride and joy was a 1924 model A ford called Henrietta. He bought the body and restored her to her former glory with all the original parts, that he searched for. A real labour of love.
My journaling on the back says....

Although I never really had any interest in my dads old cars back then, or at least the collecting of the bits and pieces and then lovingly restoring them, somewhere along the line I developed an appreciation for them and the time and effort it took to get them back their original state. He would spend as many hours as he could working on his cars and I think all in all he completely built four cars and had one half done. Henrietta was always his baby. She was dark green with a black fold back hood that went down when the weather was fine. There was a bucket seat at the back that opened up to allow two more people to sit. It had shiny silver running boards and headlamps and a grill at the back to put luggage onto. The inside of the car was all wood and dials and a gear stick that came out of the floor boards. Most weekends he took her out for a spin and we went on many vintage car runs with other like minded people. Hundreds of these beauties driving to some or other destination with celebrations at the end of it all. I used to love going on those runs. Seeing all of these old cars made me wish that I had told my dad that I loved that he was so passionate about making something so beautiful. I would love to own a vintage car now. :D Who knows maybe one day again.
Here are some close ups.
The papers were from Penelope Dee and they are related to all things posty, letters, pens, stamps and so on. Lots of fussy cutting again and I had to change the layout as I wanted to use lots of photos again. I felt that the original layout was a bit pale for me for me and so I decided to add a little hit of blue which I took from the stamps. I added some ribbon and some flowers and of course the stamps to the postcards. Then I decided to mount the whole layout onto a darker colour too.

The pens were fussy cut and then tied together with ribbon. I added a real nib too which was silver so I just dabbed it with my gold distress paint dabber... it worked a treat.


On the other side I layered up some of the elements and tucked in another 'fold nib.


The title chipboard was just coloured using distress ink in  dark brown, and I used one of the postcards to do my journaling.


I also added some gold/champagne glitter washi tape because it just looked so pretty with the whole vintage feel.

Although vintage is not really my things I am really please with how this turned out. I love that I have finally made a layout for my cars :D

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Scrapping!


Hugs
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment